My Conversation With My Friend

I wrote this some days before before Nigeria's world cup qualifier against Malawi in September 2013 but never got round to publishing it and since then I've not been writing on my blog. Nigeria went on to win that match 2-0 and eventually qualified for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. 

Hope you find it interesting. Enjoy...........

While the Super Eagles were doing a job of schooling the Bafana Bafana at the Mandela Challenge in South Africa, my good friend, Adel Amrouche, Coach of the Harambee Stars of Kenya {Kenyan National Team} called me up on skype and we talked about several issues bothering on football especially as it concerns Africa. I will put below 2 points in our discussion that has to do with the Super Eagles.

The Super Eagle since Keshi took over......
There have been a great improvement in the performance of the team and this is evident in the results the team have been getting under Stephen Keshi.

The team gradually have developed a distinct style of play and it's the quick passing style built around a robust midfield play. The Eagles are able to retain possession better and quickly move up the gears to cause havoc.

The injection of pacy wingers on both flanks make this style pretty deadly and difficult to cope with. It won't be out of place to say that Nigeria is the only team that can give Africa a proper representation at the world Cup.

Malawi's concerns about playing in Calabar......
I think the Malawians are just raising a fuss about nothing. There is no basis to their claims that
Calabar is not safe for them to play. I have been to various parts of Nigeria and I think Cabar is the most beautiful of all the places I've been. There were no concerns about safety and the people are very peaceful and hospitable. My players enjoyed their time in Calabar the last time we came to play.

I think the Malawian coach just want to derail Nigeria's preparations for the game. He said he will lead Malawi to beat Nigeria, I think that's a lot of disrespect coming from a man who is yet to occupy a big role in his coaching career.

Nigeria are the African champions so he wants to beat them off the pitch because he knows it is almost impossible to beat them on the pitch.

The above were the words of my friend Adel Amrouche...........






Comments